The Immersive Technology Alliance is a proud media partner for SIGGRAPH, the leading event for all things dealing with the magic of computer graphics. This year’s edition is going to have some great immersive highlights. Running July 30 to August 3, the VR Village which also features augmented and mixed reality, is going to feature a wide variety of immersive experiences and ideas.
Here are just some of the highlight:
- “Heroes” is a mixed reality duet set to the iconic David Bowie song.
- “Neurable” is a brain-computer interface that interprets user intent using neuroscience and advanced machine learning.
- “Out of Exile” is a virtual reality storytelling experience that illustrates the hostility faced by many in the LGBTQ community.
- “Mission: ISS” lets visitors explore the International Space Station 250 miles above earth in virtual reality. Visitors learn how to move around the modules in zero gravity and explore the experiments and missions on the station. You can even ho on an EVA to check out the exterior.
- “Magic Bench: A Multi-User, Multi-Sensory AR Platform” is a third-person POV mixed-reality platform where participants see themselves and their environment mixed with computer graphics assets. Just walk to an installation and interact with animated CG characters!
In addition to the VR Village, SIGGRAPH is going to feature insightful presentations, lectures, and networking opportunities. This really is a must-attend event each year!